Bridge crane is a mechanical equipment used to lift various objects across the workshop, warehouse and open storage yard. It is usually called "crown crane" or "traveler". It is the most widely used lifting machinery in machinery industry, metallurgy industry and chemical industry. In modern industrial enterprises, it is one of the important equipment to realize the mechanization and automation of the production process, reduce the heavy manual labor, and improve the production efficiency. The following safety issues should be noted when using bridge cranes:
1. The driving must be in a normal state, especially the safety devices, such as braking mechanism, sound and light, signal, interlock device, etc. must be sensitive and intact.
2. The operator should concentrate on the work process, before idling before lifting, and then lifting. If the lifting object is 100-150mms from the ground, if the lifting object is not tightly bound, it should be tied again. The signal bell should be issued before driving; the hanging objects must not pass over the head of the person. When the crane is moving, repair, inspection, refueling and wiping the machine parts are strictly prohibited. If a fault is found during operation, the vehicle must be stopped immediately.
3. When the work is terminated, the crane must be parked on the parking line, the hook should be raised into place, and no heavy objects should be hung on the hook. Put all the controllers and joysticks to the zero position, pull off the power switch, and lock the cab door.
4. Bridge cranes must be equipped with reliable and sensitive safety devices. Generally equipped with buffers, limiters (travel limiters, lifting limiters), lifting limiters, windproof clamps, etc.
5. The shells of all live parts of the crane should be reliably grounded to avoid accidental electric shock of the operator. When the trolley track is not welded on the main beam, it should also be grounded by welding. The down transformer should be grounded on the low voltage side according to regulations.
6. Bridge cranes shall not be lifted under the following circumstances;
(1) Unmanned command or command signal is incorrect.
(2) The driving equipment is defective or the safety device is malfunctioning.
(3) Overload lifting or unclear equipment quality.
(4) The person stands on or under the lifting object and hangs the person with a crane hook.
(5) The light is dim and the vision is unclear.
(6) The lifting object has sharp corners or is pulled diagonally, and no safety measures are taken.